The internet is reeling following Beyoncé’s announcement that she is pregnant with twins.
The singer shared the news on Wednesday with an artful Instagram post showing off her belly.
Beyoncé and her husband, Jay Z, welcomed their daughter Blue Ivy on January 7, 2012, after suffering a miscarriage in 2011. Over the past five years, the icon has opened up about the experience of becoming a parent in several interviews.
In honor of the Queen Bey’s latest news, here are some of her best quotes about pregnancy, birth and motherhood.
1. “I think just like any mother, I just want my child to be happy and healthy and have the opportunity to realize her dreams.”
2. “[Having a daughter] just gives you purpose and all of the things that my self-esteem was associated with, it’s all completely different. I realized why I was born and more than anything all of the things I want to pass onto my child and the best way of doing that is not by preaching or telling her but showing her by example, which is one of the reasons I’m here.”
3. “Out of everything I’ve accomplished, my proudest moment hands down was when I gave birth to my daughter Blue.”
4. “At some point it’s very important to me that my daughter is able to experience life and run through the sprinklers and have slumber parties and trust and live and do all the things that any child should be able to do.”
5. “The best thing about having a daughter is having a true legacy. The word ‘love’ means something completely different now.”
6. “We both [change diapers]. I love changing diapers, I love it. I love every moment of it, it’s so beautiful. I love it all.”
7. “I have a lot of awards, and I have a lot of these things. And they’re amazing, and I worked my ass off. I worked harder than probably everybody I know to get those things. But nothing feels like my child saying, ‘Mommy!’ Nothing feels like when I look my husband in the eyes.”
8. “Being pregnant was very much like falling in love. You are so open. You are so overjoyed. There’s no words that can express having a baby growing inside of you, so of course you want to scream it out and tell everyone.”
9. “My family and my closest people were there when I gave birth. Everything that scared me just was not present in that room. So for me to really let go and really appreciate every contraction … it was the best day of my life.”
10. “I felt very maternal around eight months. And I thought I couldn’t become any more until I saw the baby … But it happened during my labor because I had a very strong connection with my child. I felt like when I was having contractions, I envisioned my child pushing through a very heavy door. And I imagined this tiny infant doing all the work, so I couldn’t think about my own pain … We were talking. I know it sounds crazy, but I felt a communication.”
11. “About two years ago, I was pregnant for the first time. And I heard the heartbeat, which was the most beautiful music I ever heard in my life. I envisioned what my child would look like … I flew back to New York to get my check up ― and no heartbeat. Literally the week before I went to the doctor, everything was fine, but there was no heartbeat.”
12. “I hope I can create art that helps people heal. Art that makes people feel proud of their struggle. Everyone experiences pain, but sometimes you need to be uncomfortable to transform. Pain is not pretty, but I wasn’t able to hold my daughter in my arms until I experienced the pain of childbirth!”
13. “Right now, after giving birth, I really understand the power of my body. I just feel my body means something completely different. I feel a lot more confident about it. Even being heavier, thinner, whatever. I feel a lot more like a woman. More feminine, more sensual. And no shame.”
14. “She’s my road dog. She’s my homey, my best friend.”
— This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.
Entertainment – The Huffington Post
Entertainment News-Visit Adults Playland today for the hottest adult entertainment online!